London is a global powerhouse of commerce – with particular strengths in finance, tech, media and the service industry – yet this status is being threatened by growing pressures on land, market uncertainty following the EU referendum vote, and rising business rates.
We have an accommodation crisis, not just a housing crisis, so how do we ensure development is balanced to create vibrant mixed-use neighbourhoods? What spaces does London need to win the ongoing ‘war for talent’? Are we providing the right types of workplaces in the right places, and are they flexible enough to adapt to future needs?
This year-round programme explores the future for integrating industrial, commercial and affordable workplaces in the evolving city through bringing together key experts to explore the scope for co-location, attracting and retaining talent, and making the best use of land.
- How London is adapting for wellness
- Maximising remaining industrial land: Factory design, servicing and the city
- Building sustainable ground floor units
- Multi-generational working
- Building visits, April 2018
Sponsorship Opportunities Toggle
There are opportunities to become either a Champion or Supporter of this programme. To find out more about how you could get involved in the events and output across our platforms please get in touch with the Membership Team via Janette Murphy
Prices start from £3,950 + VAT for 12 month support
Past Activity Toggle
- The future of industrial integration. Think tank, May 2017
- Work/in London: Can we mix resi with productive workplaces? Half-day conference, October 2017
- London Made. Installation showing London’s industrial and cultural heritage at the Seoul biennale, September 2017
- Evening debate discussing London’s industrial and cultural heritage, November 2017
- London’s commercial retrofit market. Half-day conference, April 2016
- The future of London’s Open Workspaces. Breakfast talk, March 2016
- WORK: How and where Londoners will work in the future. Think tank, January 2016
- Delivering affordable workspace within areas of regeneration. Think tank, June 2016