NLA’s International programme facilitates global discussion, connecting London with other cities in order to exchange information, discuss and debate shared urban issues, and compare approaches.
Each International Dialogue event brings two cities together using simple technology so that speakers and audiences in those cities can exchange information about key issues that are common to both places. Cities featuring in the programme include New York, Sydney, Toronto, Vancouver, Chicago and Stockholm.
In 2019, NLA will host the inaugural International Symposium - an event which will bring together city-makers from across the globe for a critical conversation about city planning. How do cities prepare and disseminate their strategies, and how do they put those plans into action?
As London’s centre for the built environment, NLA regularly welcome international delegations, facilitating opportunities for visiting professionals, politicians and embassies to learn more about London’s development and current urban issues through bespoke programmes, which are tailored to suit the needs of the group.
- Fostering dialogue between major global cities
- Supporting the Mayor of London in the migration of skills and talent, providing opportunity for international business connections
- The globalization of cities, the world economy
- Working with key partners to champion London’s international business relations within the built environment
City dialogues upcoming: New York, Sydney, San Francisco, Chicago, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Stockholm, Copenhagen
Past Activity Toggle
- NYLON #12 Comeback Cities, November 2017
- London: Design Capital powered by Pecha Kucha, July 2017
- London’s future as a Design Capital breakfast talk, June 2017
- Meet the buyer: Winning work abroad, June 2017
- Cities dialogue: Communicating architecture breakfast talk, June 2017
- London: Design Capital at Vision London, June 2017
- Paris London: One Metropolis 2050, June 2017
- Cities dialogue: Active travel breakfast talk, June 2017
- London: Design Capital – Transport and Infrastructure PechaKucha, May 2017
- NYLON Deputy Mayor Dialogue, May 2017
- International Dialogue: Toronto, April 2017
Sponsorship opportunities Toggle
There are opportunities to become either a Champion or Supporter of this programme. To find out more about how you could get involved in the events and output across our platforms please get in touch with the Membership Team via Aurelia Amanitis
Prices start from £4,250 + VAT for 12 month support.