With the rise of Airbnb and the service economy, London hotels are having to raise their game to attract some of the record numbers of tourists being attracted to the capital. Part of the response has been to concentrate less on mere bedrooms alone and more on events and public spaces that create an ‘experience’. As London’s population grows and visitor trends change, what role can hotels play in the changing shape of the city?
NLA’s year-round programme examines the changing landscape of London’s hotel sector, investigating the current threats to the sector and exploring best practice solutions to meet changing demands. What are the key issues to address when planning hotel development in London? How can London provide additional affordable hospitality to enhance the capital’s tourism offer? NLA investigates these issues and asks what wider policy changes are needed to ensure the sustainable growth of London’s hotel sector.
- Threats to London’s hotel sector
- Hotel Conversions – adapting heritage buildings for use as hotels
- London’s luxury hotels
Sponsorship Opportunities Toggle
There are opportunities to become either a Champion or Supporter of this programme. To find out more about how you could get involved in the events and output across our platforms please get in touch with the Membership Team via Janette Murphy
Prices start from £3,950 + VAT for 12 month support
Past Activity Toggle
- London’s Hotel Sector - responding to change - Breakfast Talk - November 2017
- 5 Star Breakfast Talk - Hotel showcase - September 2015
- Latest Trends in London's Retail Offer - Breakfast talk - July 2013
- Away from home - New hotels in London 2007