London is one of the world’s great cultural cities, offering exceptional collections of art, historical artefacts and world-famous architecture to millions of visitors each year.
London is one of the world’s great cultural cities, offering exceptional collections of art, historical artefacts and world-famous architecture to millions of visitors each year. London’s ever-changing contemporary culture brings new life to the capital each day with unrivaled festivals, arts, fashion, film, design, music and theatre. Creative industries are worth some £87bn to the UK economy and account for around one in six of the capital’s jobs – driving tourism and attracting talented staff from around the globe. Yet challenges abound, not least the loss of 35% of the capital’s music venues over the last eight years and the continuing loss of artist studios.
A year-round programme explores the role of culture in regeneration and development, the transformation of London’s cultural institutions, and the continued development of the capital’s nighttime economy. As London strives to meet the needs for increased housing, services and infrastructure, NLA investigates how the rich and unique culture and character of the capital can be maintained, celebrated and enhanced.
- The role of culture in regeneration and placemaking of new areas
- Enhancing London’s night-time economy
- London Borough of Culture
Sponsorship Opportunities Toggle
There are opportunities to become either a Champion or Supporter of this programme. To find out more about how you could get involved in the events and output across our platforms please get in touch with the Membership Team via Aurelia Amanitis
Prices start from £4,250 + VAT for 12 month support.
Past Activity Toggle
- Arty-techture, Pecha Kucha, February 2013
- NLA Showcase: Three cultural buildings, Breakfast Talk, June 2014
- London's future cultural offer , Half Day Conference, January 2015
- Royal Academy reimagined, Breakfast talk, June 2015
- Making a place for culture, Half Day Conference, October 2015
- Culture Triumphs, Breakfast Talk, August 2015
- Mayfair / Royal Academy, Think Tank, November 2015
- The future of Smithfield Market, Breakfast talk, August 2016
- London by Night - Capital Ideas for London’s Night-time Economy, PechaKucha, March 2017
- Transforming London’s Cultural Buildings, Breakfast Talk, April 2017
- Breakfast Talk - London Borough of Culture - February 2018