Submissions for the New London Awards 2018 will open 1 February – 29 March
The New London Awards recognise the very best projects across 15 sectors of the built environment that contribute to make London a better place to live, work, move around and socialise. Judged by a prestigious International Jury advised by London-based expert assessors, these are the only London-wide awards for built and unbuilt projects.
Winning schemes will be announced on 4 July at NLA’s Annual Lunch at The Guildhall, attended by over 700 leading professionals and London policy makers. They will also be featured in the NLA galleries alongside all shortlisted schemes at The Building Centre and in a special publication.
Submission Guidelines will be available to download from this page from 01 February 2018
Click here to download the 2017/18 Awards publication to see winners.
1. Any company involved in the planning, design or construction of a project is eligible to enter the project into the New London Awards.
2. The project must be located within any of the 33 London Boroughs.
3. Submitted projects can be at any stage from completion to on the drawing board. A ‘built’ project must have achieved practical completion within the last two years (between 29 March 2016 and 29 March 2018). An ‘unbuilt’ project must have a real site, and be at any stage of design or construction at time of entry on 29 March 2018. Any project completed before 29 March 2016 will not be eligible.
Judging Criteria Toggle
Across the 15 categories, the jury will be looking for projects that demonstrate:
• high quality design that respects its context and enhances London’s rich mix of old and new;
• a wider contribution to placemaking, improving the social, cultural and economic character of the local area;
• advancing knowledge and skills around the design, delivery, construction and funding of projects for the capital;
• longevity, through efficient use of resources, energy and consideration of long-term use and financial viability.
Conservation & Retrofit - Sponsored by Urban Space Management
Culture & Community
Education - Sponsored by International Fire Consultants (IFC Group)
Hotels & Hospitality
Masterplans & Area Strategies
Mixed-Use - Sponsored by Broadgate Estates
Transport & Infrastructure
Wellbeing - Sponsored by Airflow