New London Award 2012 winners were announced at The Guildhall along with a Special Award, the People's choice Award and 'Not-the-Olympics' Special Prize
New and proposed projects were eligible across all sectors of the built environment and were judged by an international jury.
The jury looked for schemes of the highest design quality and awarded those that demonstrate a positive impact on their surroundings and make a wider contribution to life in the city.
Winning schemes were announced on the 10th of July at NLA’s Annual Lunch at the Guildhall and will feature in the NLA galleries at The Building Centre and in a special publication.
International Jury members Toggle
- Dominique Alba, Director, L'Atelier Parisien d'Urbanisme (APUR), Paris
- David J Burney, Commissioner, New York City Department of Design and Construction
- Hugo Macdonald, Design Editor, Monocle
- Riccardo Marini, City Design Leader, Edinburgh City Council
- Peter Murray, Chairman, NLA (chair)
- Monica von Schmalensee, CEO/VD, Partner, White
Expert Assesors Toggle
- Jacqueline Beckingham, Director, Benoy; David Birkbeck, Chief Executive, Design for Homes;
- Pat Brown, Director, Central; Richard Coleman, Principal, Richard Coleman Citydesigner; Rupert Cook,
- Director, Architecture PLB; Mark Davy, Director, Future City; Eleanor Fawcett, Head of Design, OPLC;
- Victoria Fairhall, Development Director– London Portfolio, Land Securities; Sarah Gaventa, Head of
- Communications, Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners; Andrew Jones, Managing Director, AECOM; Phyllida
- Mills, Partner, Penoyre & Prasad