New London Architecture (NLA) is London’s independent centre for debate, discussion and information about the future shape of the capital.
A permanent opportunity has arisen within the NLA team for an Event Coordinator to support all aspects of the delivery of NLA events and various client events.
NLA is London’s independent centre for debate, discussion and information about the future shape of the capital with a membership representing all those with a role to play in London’s built environment.
Our year-round programme of high-quality events, exhibitions and research brings together those with a stake in London’s built fabric – professionals, politicians and the public – and provides a platform for our broad network to share knowledge, make connections, challenge thinking, inform decision-making and promote positive physical change.
As a team, we’re London’s greatest advocates, sharing our passion and knowledge about the capital and working tirelessly – and often collaboratively – to deliver to the highest quality. The breadth of our network and the extent of our reach means we can respond quickly to the needs of the built environment professions and the city as they evolve.
We’re based at The Building Centre in central London with public galleries housing our giant scale model showing the future of the capital. We bring people and ideas together to help shape a better city and allow voices to be heard.
We are looking for an individual to join the small, hard-working and sociable team based in central Londonand assist in coordinating the extensive events programme for both NLA and our member clients. The ideal candidate should be looking to further a career in event management and have strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
With an outgoing personality you will need to take the initiative, be able to think on your feet and demonstrate good time management skills and attention to detail. An interest in London and its built environment would be a strong advantage.
Qualifications, experience and skills required
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an events role or similar
- Experience using systems such as Eventbrite, Mailchimp and Salesforce is an advantage
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) – experience of Mac an advantage
- Appropriate education and academic achievements
- Demonstrable success in a role requiring high levels of organisation
- Clear and effective verbal skills including an excellent telephone manner
- A clear grasp of the English language, using this to write clearly, concisely and professionally
- Ability to take initiative, recognise and prioritise the tasks that need to be carried out
- Personable, confident and outgoing with excellent written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and juggle a varied and sometimes heavy workload
- Confident working with a high degree of autonomy
- Willing to undertake ad hoc tasks associated with working in a small team
- Friendly, sociable and enthusiastic!
The successful candidate will be required to support in all aspects of organisation, preparation and delivery of NLA and client events. This includes but is not restricted to:
- Pre-event management support which includes but is not limited to client liaison, RSVP management, booking enquiries, delegate data inputting, catering orders and collation of quotes from suppliers
- Preparation of all event materials including badges, delegate lists and marketing materials etc.
- Liaison with speakers in the run up to events to collate presentations, biographies and head shots
- Front of house event support including registration, client and speaker management and checking event set up
- Responsibility for the day to day appearance of the NLA Galleries at The Building Centre
- Post event administration including but not limited to event archiving, evaluation form administration and client liaison
- Coordination of New London model tours and bespoke walking tours
- Communications regarding upcoming events to the wider NLA team
Your normal working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday. Annual leave allowance is 31 days per year including bank holidays and three days between Christmas and New Year.
Due to the nature of the job, working hours will vary and start and finish times will depend on timings of both NLA and client events. Additional working hours may be required and will be detailed and discussed with the line manager when required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.