New London Architecture (NLA) is the independent centre for London’s built environment, where professionals, politicians and the public can meet, learn and have a voice on the future shape of London. We bring people and ideas together to shape a better city.
Our year-round programme of research, events and exhibitions bring together our broad network to debate and discuss all issues affecting London’s built environment. We are based in The Building Centre, WC1, where our giant interactive model of central London is free to visit six days a week.
NLA is a fast-growing membership organisation made up of over 530 member organisations from across all sectors of the built environment. Our membership spans both the public and private sector, with architects and designers, developers, engineers, planners, agents, public sector bodies and product manufacturers all key sectors of our membership.
NLA is looking for an Account Manager to join the membership team with a particular focus on looking after our architecture and design members. This is an exceptionally varied and interesting role where you will have the opportunity to help shape the NLA programme through the active management of your members.
The Account Manager will be required to manage, service and grow a portfolio of NLA partners and members within their designated sector. The role includes a variety of key components, such as managing existing members, processing annual renewals and helping to grow the network. This will include providing client value through engaging them with the programme, encouraging event attendance and take-up of membership benefits.
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving their own individual revenue targets, as well as supporting the team to achieve the overall targets.
You will have the opportunity to widen your knowledge and learn about all aspects of London’s built environment through attending NLA events and regularly meeting and networking with key figures within the industry.
Salary £30,000 plus commission. OTE £40-45,000 per annum
As an Account Manager you will be the main point of contact for your members within NLA, and on hand to support them getting the most from their membership. Key responsibilities include:
- Partner Management – engaging with partner members to update them on the programme and identify profiling opportunities and work with them to plan how to maximise member benefits.
- Membership Renewal – ensure your members renew annually and with the support of the team co-ordinator process the renewal.
- Client Development – promote opportunities for your members to get more involved in NLA, and work to increase involvement.
- New Business – proactively researching and following up with potential new clients within your sector. Working with the marketing team to plan and execute new business campaigns for your sector, and considering ways in which to inform others within the industry about NLA.
- NLA Advocacy – attend NLA and other industry events to promote NLA and support members from within the network.
Given the nature of the business the successful candidate will be required to attend both NLA and other industry events which may fall outside of core working hours.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is confident in a client-facing role as you will be dealing with people at a senior level from across a number of high-profile organisations. The role would suit someone with experience in account management, sales or PR as a combination of creative thinking and a commercial approach is required. Applications are welcome from individuals with an interest in any of our membership sectors.
- Proven track record in sales or account management
- Knowledge or an interest in architecture, planning or development
- Working with high level stakeholders
- Using a CRM system
- Networking within a variety of event formats
- Excellent face-to-face and written communication skills
- Ambitious and target-driven with strong commercial acumen
- Ability to prioritise and juggle a varied and sometimes heavy workload
- Confident working with a high degree of autonomy
- Comfortable networking and happy to attend regular industry events
Holiday is 31 days per year including Bank Holidays and three days between Christmas and New Year. Your normal working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Danielle Rowland, HR Director on email@example.com by Friday 23 February. Please note the recruitment process is ongoing, with interviews being scheduled immediately.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.